23 June 2011

a new camera and more


First, I just have to show this off. I've been practing product photography lately and I got this shot of my Mother's Capezio bowling shoes that were made around 1962. I think it's one of the more appealing photos I've shot this year.


Now let's have some camera stuff - I found this Nikon FM2 on craigslist:
That's a 180mm ƒ/2.8 on there and not the lens that came with the camera...

Here's the lens:
A super sweet 50mm ƒ/1.8, Series E!
One of the six pancake lenses that Nikon put out in the early seventies.
I've shot a bunch with it and I think it'll be a regular.

Let's see it in a golden platinumy black & white-ish kinda feel:



The guy I got the FM2 from gave me this possibly broken Canon FT:

 I let my buddy Albert Alligator pose in the picture.


So I've done a little macro work lately and here's a neat one:



I also pulled down some cameras that were on the shelf gathering dust and had a cleaning party:



Well there's so much more I should be showing you but I need my beauty rest...
By my calculations,if I go to sleep now and wake up in 55 years, I'll be a pretty hundred year old.

s

No comments:

Post a Comment